Courses and workshops 2019
DJ and Music Production
A unique workshop for young people aged 8 – 16 years old to learn the art of DJ-ing and an introduction to music technology in a fun and educational way for students at primary and secondary level.
Use mixing consoles to beat match, blend, cut, paste and scratch music to create a DJ mix. No need to play an instrument or own any equipment. All you really need to start is an elementary sense of rhythm, which we can help you develop by improving your motor skills.
- 4 days in the summer holidays
- Friday 2 August – Egham Youth Centre
- Monday 5 August – The Bridge Youth Centre, Leatherhead
- Friday 9 August – Ash Youth Centre (venue to be confirmed)
- Monday 12 August – Redhill Youth Centre
- 9.00 – 12.00, school years 4 – 6 (8 – 11 year olds)
- 13.00 – 16.00, school years 4 – 11 (11 – 16 year olds)
- Cost: £30 per workshop
Are you interested? Let us know.
Singing workshops for 8 – 18 year olds. Two dates for the summer holidays to be confirmed. Join Surrey Youth Choir director, Cole Bendall, in an engaging workshop for young vocalists and singers. The workshops will contain a diverse mix of music including folk, classical, spirituals and musical theatre.
- Monday 19 August – Woking Library, Woking Town Centre
- Wednesday 21 August – Walton Youth Centre (venue to be confirmed)
- 10.00am – 12.30pm – 8 – 12 year olds
- 1.30pm – 4.00pm – 13 – 18 year olds
- Cost: £25 per workshop
Easter Music Course
Running for over 40 years, the next Easter Music Course is from Sunday 5 – Thursday 9 April 2020. Bookings open in October 2019.