Surrey Music Hub is a network of music organisations and schools working together to bring more musical opportunities to more young people in Surrey, both in schools and in the wider community.
We’re led by Surrey Arts, the county council’s arts service, which includes the schools music service. Together, we’re making sure that children and young people receive music education that is high quality, wide ranging, sustainable and accessible to all, with clear routes for learning and options for musical progression.
The Surrey Music Hub has strategic oversight for the delivery of the National Plan for Music Education. Our core purpose is to work in partnership to ensure that children and young people from all backgrounds receive music education that is high quality, wide ranging, sustainable and accessible to all and that there are clear routes for progression. The Hub will also act as an advocate for music education, encouraging participation in music and high-quality delivery across our county.
The hub is a partnership of organisations including all schools, national and regional partners, local authority services and local organisations. We work closely with partners to deliver a rich programme of both in- and out-of-school programmes, designed to give children and young people the opportunity to sing, learn to play musical instruments and progress with their music making.
The priorities for the hub for the coming year are:
· To grow and build engagement in instrumental tuition across the county
· To re-shape our out-of-school provision to improve access and inclusion to high quality music making
· To modernise our ensemble provision, ensuring all young people are able to access local opportunities
· To build effective partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in the local area
· To place our residents at the heart of decision making and engage our communities (especially young people) in the design of activities to ensure provision meets their needs
· Embed EDI into the core of our work
As the lead delivery organisation for the Surrey Music Hub, Surrey Arts is an ambitious and forward-thinking organisation that places young people at the centre of our work. We are committed to developing Surrey Arts as a genuinely inclusive organisation, fostering a culture of belonging where all are respected and valued and one that meets the needs of the whole diverse community of Surrey. Equality, diversity and inclusion is central to our organisation and we are committed to its development at all levels of the organisation as outlined in our IDEA strategy.
Surrey Arts is fully committed to ensuring that all staff are fully aware of the procedures relating to any safeguarding issues that may arise when working with adults and children. For full information about our safeguarding read our Surrey Arts Safeguarding policies.