IDEA Strategy: Youth Voice
Statement of intent
We will actively support young people to have a voice in their own musical journey and to influence the design of services and the strategic direction of the hub.
We will ensure staff have the right skills and training to support the development of youth voice.
We are working to increase opportunities for young people to shape our hub provision through a clear codesign framework and to undertake leadership responsibilities as part of our youth voice plan. Over the course of this year we will be focusing on:
- Developing a framework for co-design of new activities following pilots in 2023 (By spring 24)
- Developing a youth voice strategy exploring how youth voice is delivered throughout the organisation (end Dec 23)
- Delivering learning week CPD programme for Surrey Arts staff with a focus on youth voice and child centred delivery. (Sept 23)
- Exploring recruitment of a youth trustee role for hub board (Spring 24)
- An ensemble review to include embedding youth voice strategies and youth led ensemble provision. (Autumn 23)