This summer we are partnering with Active Surrey as part of Surreys Club4 programme by providing three weeks of music, dance and food holiday activities for children across Surrey. Each day there will be music and dance activities led by professional teachers and performers and participants will be provided with a hot meal and snacks as part of the course and explore how we can eat more healthily!
Participants aged 8 to 18 years old can register for single days or a whole four-day course and the activities will focus on:
Dance: Street / Jazz / World: Keep active and healthy, dancing to amazing music and performing.
Music: Rock Bands, World Percussion, Your Voice: Each day take part in music workshops exploring and performing in different styles. Play as part of a rock band, sing in the Your Voice choir and perform drumming from West Africa and South America.
Grand finale: Every Thursday at the end of the four-day programme there will be a performance open to friends and family. Participants will perform the music they have learnt and created during the course of the week.
Dates and venues
St Bedes School, Redhill: Monday 26 to Thursday 29 July
Cordwalles Junior School, Camberley: Monday 2 to Thursday 5 August
Three Rivers Academy, Walton-on-Thames: Monday 9 to Thursday 12 August
Times: 10am to 2.30pm
Cost: £45 per day or £135 for 4 days in one week
Free places are available for eligible free school meal children.
Find out about eligibility criteria for low income support,
To register please complete the registration form
After a great programme of SMASH (Surrey Music & Arts Summer Holiday) activities we are following up this October half term by sharing some of our online video content. There will be films of workshops and tutorials across many different instruments including guitar, piano, brass and percussion. In addition there will also be some videos of music from Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. The following is a timetable of when the films will be released on our social media platforms Facebook and Instagram and they will also be available on the Surrey Arts Youtube channel.
To view the timetable click here.
2019 to 2020 was a vibrant year as Surrey Arts continued to provide engaging, creative and inspiring cultural services across the county for our residents. Services delivered through Surrey Arts include Music activities, Surrey Arts Wardrobe Hire, Visual Arts events and Instrument Hire.
Many new and exciting projects have evolved this year and Surrey Arts ongoing annual events have continued to grow in numbers. Some of the highlights this year include:
- Our I Speak Music group has grown, both locally and internationally, achieving more ambitious and inspiring projects. One of the highlights at the beginning of the year was their superb festive single entitled “Whatever You Believe”. This was sung, performed and recorded by a mix of refugees, young people from the ACM and local community members, a collaboration of more than 80 people.
- The Horley Project, established in 2018 to increase instrumental learning in schools in the area, entered into its second year, with many new members joining the project, further expanding the newly formed Horley Orchestra.
- Just So Singers celebrated their 25th Anniversary in June 2019
- UP! Orchestra received a boost from external funding as well as welcoming many new-comers to the Saturday Music Zone to meet, share and play music together.
- A number of successful events and workshops, both old and new, reached sell out numbers including Piano Exam Performance; Summer Singing; Drum Line! Brass Masterclass; Orchestra Taster Day and DJ Music Production Workshops, as well as many more.
- The Primary Schools Music Festivals held events at venues across Surrey with over 2500 children participating.
- Surrey Artists’ Open Studios 2019 was exceptional this year with over 297 artists participating, selling a combined worth of over £304k in artwork.
To learn more about the successes from the past year, please read the full Surrey Arts 2019-2020 Impact Report here.