Elmbridge Singing Picnic
Elmbridge Singing Picnic
The Yehudi Menuhin School, Cobham Road, Stoke d’Abernon, Surrey KT11 3QQ
Singing Picnics are a fun-filled and informal way for KS2 children from your school to enjoy singing with others in a beautiful outdoor setting with other schools from your area. Children play singing games, perform songs to each other, sing together, and enjoy a picnic lunch followed by more singing games.
Please be assured that we will be following government guidance on the safe management of outdoor events very closely. We will regularly update our risk assessment in the light of this guidance to ensure the health and safety of those who attend. We will not go ahead with the event if it isn’t safe to do so and if this is the case we will issue refunds to all schools that have booked.
Singing Picnics provide opportunities to:
- Perform a song to others in an informal setting
- Listen to the performances of others
- Sing a group song learned by call and response on the day
- Engage in singing games led by vocal tutors
- Engage in healthy outdoor activities.
Children from your school prepare one song to share at the picnic, and are taught other songs and singing games on the day by professional vocal leaders.
We have places for 6 primary schools to participate in the Elmbridge Singing Picnic. If you’d like your school to attend, here is what you need to know and how to apply:
- You may bring a maximum of 35 children. This could be one year group, a school choir, or children from two or more year groups. If you are a two form entry school and would like to bring additional children please contact us.
- The fee per school is £50 for a group of up to 35 children
- Your children should learn a song of your choosing to perform to the others on the day. We suggest a theme of “Togetherness”. As a guide, your song should be no more than 3 minutes long and should be unaccompanied (unless you wish to bring acoustic guitar, or simple percussion). Children will be singing outside with no amplification.
- You should provide a minimum of one adult for every 8 children attending.
- You should arrange your own transport to and from The Yehudi Menuhin School.
- Each child should bring a picnic lunch, water, sunscreen (or raincoat if showers are forecast).
- Photographs may be taken at the Picnic, and necessary permissions forms will be required.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 February 2021 and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To attend please request an application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Yehudi Menuhin School is delighted to welcome your pupils to the school site and is offering an opportunity to stay on after the picnic to enjoy an informal concert. This proved very popular at our 2019 Singing Picnic and I will be happy to share details with you once the sign-up process is complete.
Whether you choose to stay for the concert or not, we look forward to welcoming you for a day of singing and fun!
Price - £50